- To be a center of excellence in emerging areas of Information Technology.
Provide a comprehensive learning experience on latest technologies and applications.
- Equip the stakeholders with technical knowledge and leadership skills with collaboration to become competent professionals.
- Motivate innovation and contribute to the societal issues with human values and professional ethics.
The Department of Information Technology was established in the year 2000 with an intake of 60, and currently has an intake of 180 students, offering the Undergraduate Programme - Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology. We also offer an Honours degree - B.E IT in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI&ML).
The department has 28 well-qualified and experienced faculty members including 2 Professors, 7 Associate Professors, and 19 Assistant Professors, headed by Dr. K. Ram Mohan Rao, Professor. All our faculty members are persistently striving to impart sound theoretical and practical knowledge through the best practices in teaching-learning. Adjunct faculty from reputed Industry and Research Organizations is an additional strength to our department.
The faculty members of our department are committed to providing a comprehensive learning experience to our students through quality teaching and research in major advanced areas like Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Computer Vision, Distributed and Cloud Computing, Networking, Embedded Systems, Internet of Things, Database Management, Compiler Construction, Data structures and Algorithms through various Programming languages. We also organize several co-curricular activities focusing on the current trends in the IT industry and extra-curricular for the overall development of the students with necessary life skills, strong ethical and moral values.
Our students have been consistently placed in eminent Product Development, Consulting and Service based MNCs like Uber, Google, Amazon, ServiceNow, Oracle, CISCO, FactSet, InnCircles, DarwinBox, Deloitte, Accenture, Cognizant, TCS, Infosys, LTI, and many others, through our Campus Recruitment process.
The Department is spread over an area of 1,908 Sq. Mtrs., which includes Classrooms, Laboratories, Department Office, and Staff rooms. The department has 8 laboratories comprising 360 high-end computer systems. All our laboratories are networked with access to the internet and central servers.
The curriculum provides an opportunity for the students to have hands-on experience in various courses viz., programming in C & Python, Data Structures, Software Engineering, JAVA, DBMS, Operating Systems (Linux), Network Programming, Web Technologies, Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning (AI & ML), Compiler Construction, Distributed Systems, and Cloud Computing and Network Simulation using NS2. CISCO Lab is included in the curriculum as a value-added course for the students to improve their Networking knowledge.Our curriculum has an also emphasis on providing necessary life skills to the students through the following courses. Communication, Aptitude, Critical Thinking, Critical Reasoning, Design Thinking, and Human Values & Professional Ethics Students are allowed to access the computing facilities and advanced tools like MATLAB, Rational Rose, IBM SPSS Modeler for data analysis, Microwind, Microprocessors and Microcontroller kits (8085,8086 & 8051), CPLD/FPGA trainer kits, an IBM Deep learning server 8335 – GTH Server with 2 NVIDIA P100 GPU with NVlink technology with access to Power AI Framework, HP DL385 AMD Opetron Oracle Database Server and HP Proliant ML 370 G5 RedHat Enterprise Linus Server.
Well-trained supporting staff members are available in each laboratory to facilitate access to servers and open-source tools.
The department has MoUs with reputed IT organizations including CISCO, EPAM, Infosys, Progress, Pega, InnCircles, CCC and WOIR, to facilitate student training, projects, internships, and expert lectures.
- The department has a consistent placement record of 90% and above over the last 4 years with a highest pay package of ₹ 81 Lakhs. Percentage of Student internships : 84%
- Received a grant of ₹ 34.78 lacs from DST, GoI for Project : Drone/UAV Based Multi Sensor High Quality Precision Photogrammetry Laser Mapping and Data Capture, Processing for Geo-Spatial Platforms.
- Received a grant of ₹ 3 lacs from SERB for MIGARS-2023 under Assistance to Professional Bodies and Seminar Simposia.
- Secured a SERB project titled "Dimensionality Reduction and Pixel Classification in Hyperspectral Images" under Teachers Associateship for Research Excellence (TARE). An amount of ₹ 18,30,000.00 has been approved.
- Received a grant of ₹ 19.31 lacs from AICTE under MODROBS.
- Secured First Prize ₹ 1 Lac in Smart India Hackathon (SIH) – 2022 for the Team titled “Naam me Kya Rakha Hai” for the problem statement Automated Animal Identification and Detection of Species (AAIDeS).