Department of Computer Applications [MCA]
Established in 1994, the Department offers a 3-year MCA programme in :
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA), with an annual intake of 60 students.
"To imbibe technical competence for developing innovative solutions and new applications in computer science, there by transforming them as better professionals."
"To enable students to achieve excellence in computational skills embedded with human values."
The Department has about 11 members of faculty, with 1 Professor(s), 1 Associate Professor(s) and 9 Assistant Professor(s).
|Dr. P. Hemagiri Rao|
M.Sc., M.Phil, Ph.D.
|Professor & HOD|
|Ms. R. Sudha|
|Mr. K. Rama Krishna|
|Assistant Professor (Sr.Scale)|
|Ms. S. Sree Lakshmi|
|Assistant Professor (Sr.Scale)|
M.C.A., ALCCS (IETE)
|Ms. K. Bindu Madhavi|
|Mr. M. Jitender Reddy|
|Mr. K. Srinivasa Chakravarthy|
|Mr. M. Praveen Kumar|
|Mr. G. Ramesh Kumar|
|Mr. A.Venkata Ravindra Kumar|
The Department includes three laboratories. The laboratories house 100 computer systems, connected to the campus-wide LAN. The laboratories are equipped with various software C, C++, Oracle, Visual Studio, Java and Case Tools.
The faculty are credited with presenting papers in national computer conventions. The Department brings out a popular monthly technical bulletin 'Techies Bite' that presents the latest trends in information technology. The Students of the Department, apart from winning kudos in various co-curricular contests, have also been earning, consistently, top academic honours. In various sports and games too, the students have distinguished themselves at the university level.
Experts from the IT industry are invited to deliver lectures on subjects of current interest. The faculty are encouraged to undergo practical training in the industry in the latest/emerging technologies.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOS):
- To gain knowledge and proficiency for analysis, design and problem solving, to have a successful career in industry and for higher studies.
- To promote application of technical knowledge coupled with project management abilities.
- To imbibe leadership qualities with professional ethics and communication skills.
- To provide positive attitude for lifelong learning.
Program Outcomes (POs):
- An ability to apply knowledge in computer applications to become successful professionals.
- An ability to develop logic and understand the essential mathematics related to Information Technology.
- An ability to Design, implement, and evaluate a software product.
- An ability to apply skills for solving technical problems in software development.
- An ability to familiarize with emerging & advanced software tools.
- An ability to experience the industrial environment for understanding the impact of computational solutions in a global & societal context.
- An ability to analyse the knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to apply professional ethics.
- An ability to get readiness to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- An ability to participate in life-long learning.
- An ability to handle the projects through appropriate project management techniques.
ATHENA -Tapping Talent
To improve is to change
To be perfect is to change often – Winston Churchill
Change is inevitable in every part of the world and the field of Computer Science is not an exemption. The exponential changes in computers leave us out of the world if we do not change and upgrade the skills.
Keeping this in view, the Department of Computer Applications has organized Technical Fest – Athena (Goddess of Wisdom) in the year 2007, with the theme “Tapping Talent”. It was first of its kind in Hyderabad; around 600 students participated in Techfest.
Since 2007 the Department of Computer Applications is organizing Athena every year.
This academic year also, Athena – 2016 is organizing the following events:
- Guest Lecture
- Technical quiz
- Mock Interviews
- Coding Contest
- Paper Presentations